Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Gone Girl


Ok, I know this isn’t an instant stream, but we had to check it out last weekend.  Question #1; are you married to a ruthless, maniacal, heartless, psycho bitch?  If so, you’re in luck!  This is basically a how to "For Dummies" live version of what to do and not to do when stuck in an unbelievable situation with your wife.  Trust me, all the clichés are there.  20 something girlfriend on the side, check.  Husband who is a hard to believe aloof, with a history of taking advantage of people, check.  Even the unorthodox woman cop who sheds her false exterior to show she will kick your ass, check!  If you have read the best-selling book, (I haven't, actually I don’t even know how to read) then you may think this lacks in comparison.  My take on this movie is that it was outstanding!  I would recommend it to anyone who likes movies.  Ben Affleck is really good, and plays the schlep with a dark side really well.  Rosemund Pike literally steals the show with her excellent performance, and the story is really good.  Not to mention Trent Reznor did the damn soundtrack!!  There are some faults and I seemed to dwell on them for a while which is one of the reasons I dont give this a full 5 start review.  Moral of this story is don’t piss off your significant other too much, it may come back to bite you in the balls!!!!

FYI:  This story takes place in Carthage, Missouri.  Only about 5 miles from where we lived in Joplin for a few years.  BORING!


****

No comments:

Post a Comment