Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Gravity


The buzz about this movie is crazy and I cant even count how many awards it is up for so I saddled up last night and gave it a shot.  First off I think Justin ruined it for me by saying it is the greatest movie ever made, of all time, and should win every award ever!  JK, sorry Justin :)  Anyway, we are looking at a couple of astronauts who are doing some repairs on a space station only to run into tragedy.  That is about all I can give you without ruining anything.  I can say the cinematography was absolutely amazing!  I read a review from someone who said, "Thats not what space looks like!!!"  Really, how the hell do you know?  Oh, sorry Mr. Aldren.  Anyway the story is pretty intense and keeps you on the edge of your seat for most of the movie.  Not a huge fan of Bullock and she is really kind of annoying in this but I have to give it to her as a great actress.  I will watch this movie again and suggest it to everyone as well.  Note to self:  Next time in space, bring twice as much O2 and booster thrust as I think I will need.

(FYI:  Angelina Jolie was originally cast, but dropped out later. Natalie Portman turned down the role shortly before she announced her pregnancy. Rachel WeiszNaomi Watts,Marion CotillardAbbie CornishCarey MulliganSienna MillerScarlett JohanssonBlake LivelyRebecca Hall and Olivia Wilde were all subsequently tested or approached for the lead role.)


***

No comments:

Post a Comment