Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Grand Budapest Hotel


Hype, Hype, and more Hype!  Can you tell that I was disappointed and laying on the sarcasm pretty thick?  I feel like this is the hipster of movies and here is what I mean.  This is one of those indie flicks that is packed with great actors playing odd-ball parts, extremely heavy dialogue that doesn't quite fit, and out of the ordinary situations with expressions that milk the far too long camera shots.  I think this will go down as a mediocre movie that most people will pretend to love and patronize those few who actually admit it wasn't that good.  You know, the hipster of movies!  It wasn't terrible by any means, but wasn't excellent like it was supposed to be.  The acting was fantastic, the cast was really cool, and the story was meh.  I usually like this type of movie and would almost always recommend them, but in this case I would say only if you have been waiting for me to review it in anticipation of seeing it as soon as possible.  I will say it gives a great take on the classic fight for the family fortune story.  Maybe I wasn't in the right mindset but was expecting a lot more and think it was completely overrated.  This is a Red box but for a buck, I would say you wont be wasting your money, even with the tax.

FYI:  This is directed by Wes Anderson who has collaborated with Bill Murray 7 times now.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment