Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Trance


Here was one I had heard about and finally had the chance to watch when I found it on Netflix.  I was a little disappointed mainly because I had such high expectations.  McAvoy, Cassel, and Dawson are great actors and the previews were outstanding but a little misleading.  This is a twisted story that keeps you guessing till the end about an art auctioneer in London who is caught up in a scandal to steal a multi million dollar painting.  There is a lot of hypnotism and flashbacks, flash forwards, flash sideways, multi character development, repeats, etc, etc, etc.  I thought the story could have been a lot smoother of a tale and was really wanting more.  Although, you do get to see Rosario Dawson full frontal after a nice shave!  Overall, I think this is worth a watch, if anything it will keep you interested and wondering how it will end.  

(FYI:  All the actors underwent hypnosis as part of their preparation for the film. James McAvoy claimed that his hypnotism session was successful and left him unable to move his hand during the duration of the session.


***

No comments:

Post a Comment