Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Beerfest


Well as you just read, I mentioned Beerfest in the review above.  Now I cant possibly mention my favorite comedy without indulging!  Here we have a pair of brothers who travel to Germany to spread their recently departed Grandfathers ashes only to find them selves mixed up in an underground beer drinking contest.  I shouldn't have to tell you much more because if you haven't seen this amazing movie, than you shouldn't even be allowed to watch TV.  This is a movie that can seriously be watched over and over again without getting bored and is another that is near perfect.  This is also the most quoted movie of all time (for me anyway).  The jokes and the humor they put into this is incredible.  Justin and I actually got to meet Landfill and Fink, they are our best friends.  This flick started to get a little overplayed on Comedy Central but just hold off and put in your unedited DVD.  It also makes you want to drink, alot!  

FYI:  The final scene with the message "Coming Soon - Potfest" was confirmed by Broken Lizard as a joke to make this film have an open-ended feel. The troupe said there has been fan support to create the sequel, which might be made as an animated film.

****1/2 (the only reason it doesn't have 5 stars is I still put "The Big Lebowski" ahead of it)

2 comments:

  1. He faster than Landfill. Smells like him though! Love this flick, will watch it to finish anytime it is on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My top favorite comedy of all time! Whats a Z-J?

    ReplyDelete