Monday, May 18, 2015

Pitch Perfect 2


Aca-scuse me?  We all have a guilty pleasure movie, and in my family this is at the top of the list!  You can read my review on PP1 in the archives, but just saw this highly anticipated movie and of course have some things to say about it.  With the likes of Becca, Fat Amy, Chloe and Bumper showing up for round 2 of A-capella madness, we are introduced to a few new faces that don't disappoint.  If you don't know the story of this movie yet because you haven't seen part 1, then get off your ass and watch it immediately!  In this version the crew is older, and are on a mission to redeem themselves after a mishap in front of the President.  They go on to compete in the World Singing competition and have to face the dreaded Germans who have been #1 for a while.  The German group is awesome and I felt myself routing for them.  They did the better songs and better routines that had me laughing.  The sing off at the rich dudes house was another great part with the Green Bay Packers led by Clay Mathews.  There were some flaws in this movie, I thought the flow didn't really match like in the first film.  The songs weren't as good and the whole thing kind of seemed to be rushed with too much involvement.  I wasn't terribly disappointed but after part 1, there were some pretty big shoes to fill.  After the credits Bumper has a great Voice audition, and once again pretty much makes the movie.  Definitely worth the watch and will make more of a decision on my rating when I watch it again.

FYI:  Ester Dean and Adam DeVine both graduated from high schools in Omaha, NE

***1/2

3 comments:

  1. This is on our list to see sometime this week. We opted for Mad Max yesterday and we are pretty sure that all $150 million made it onto the screen. Totally out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on our list to see sometime this week. We opted for Mad Max yesterday and we are pretty sure that all $150 million made it onto the screen. Totally out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see Mad Max, but figured the kids would destroy me if I didnt take them to PP2. We literally watch part 1 monthly.

    ReplyDelete