Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Snowtown Murders


Well, after watching about 5 movies dealing with Australia I have come to the conclusion that I don't ever want to go there.  Why?  I guess because of the constant man on man rape, torturous killings, dirty slime balls, poverty stricken chain smokers who would just assume bite you than talk, did I mention the raping?  Here is yet another true story of this God forsaken place following a young impressionable teen who is manipulated into the world of murder and torture.  Mostly with his family and friends.  I can see why, his home life was unsatisfying at best.  Occasionally he would be raped by his older, dumber brother.  The food sucked, his neighbor liked to take naked pictures of him and his brothers, his mom was the town whore, so I guess you can say he had it all.  Well one by one, the new boyfriend of his mom starts to bring around his crew who all like a little bit of the ultra-violence.  This film was creepy and slow, but was addicting.  You really wait to see what comes next and get annoyed with the staleness of the main character (who is likely a descendant of Heath Ledger).  Give this one a shot since it is a free Netflix streaming event, you may like the twisted psychotic feel it gives you.

FYI:  How many other movie references did I mention in this review? :)

**1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment