Monday, February 29, 2016

My All American


Ugh, the overachiever.  Well all know him, we all hate him.  Oooh, look at me, I am the best at everything!  Shut up!  Watch me, I can out smart, play and think everyone!  Shut up!  Okay, jealousy may be a part of my attitude :)  The true story of a young man who literally works harder than anyone else in order to be the best.  His dad may have pushed him a little to far as he was most likely a head case in real life.  This guy was too small, to play college football but had enough heart and determination to make his a breakout star in Texas.  The story is not only a reflection of his perseverance on the field but also off when diagnosed with a rare bone cancer that ends up taking his leg.  A little too "Disney" for me and was pretty white washed but a good story.  Worth a watch if your a sports fan and like the whole divinity thing.  Aaron Eckhart is just okay, Robin Tunney is someone who was done in the 90's, and Finn Wittrock will always be "Dandy" to me.

FYI:  Finn Wittrock never actually played football before filming.  He had to attend a camp in order to learn the game!  Un-American!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment