Monday, September 25, 2017

The Houses October Built 2



Just in time for the haunting month!  If you have read any of my reviews, you will know I love horror movies, especially this time of year.  I did review the first installment of this little franchise and loved it.  I thought it was a hidden gem that I came across one day so you can imagine how excited I was to see the sequel.  Lets get down to the nitty gritty of this little fright fest.  #1. I actually liked this, regardless of the awful reviews and the fans of part 1 hating everything about it.  #2. The characters are creepy and the final haunt was great just because of the silence and minimal decor of the rooms.  #3. the other haunts they went through were cool to see and some of the creepy characters were good. #4. The main chick is pretty hot!  #5. The ending was only good if you have seen part 1.  There, did I break it down enough for you?  If not, watch the damn thing!  The whole premise is not unique, a bunch of film makers go across the country to find the most extreme and scary haunt.  Using rumors of underground haunts where they do things no legal and crazy scary to fuel them.  The only real loser part of this film is that they talk the girl into coming back to work with them again, and even after getting spooked to the point of pissing her pants, she still keeps going.  Give this one a shot, let me know what you think!

FYI:  Written and directed by one of the main stars, who was also an All-American Pitcher at UCLA

***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment