Monday, September 14, 2015

Rudderless


The next time you are in a hipster, college area with an open mic and stage for amateurs, keep in mind you may be witnessing the beginning of greatness.  So sit back with your woody finish micro brew served in a bird feeder and check out this masterpiece.  If you cant tell already I loved this movie.  Most of the people I have talked to really didn't like it at all, but I think they are whiny narrow minded idiots!  I cant say too much about this story as I don't want to give away some of the crucial plot pieces but here is the bulk.  A successful businessman father is quickly falling down a downward spiral after the death of his college age son.  He soon finds out about his sons hidden talent as a singer songwriter and takes the stage so the world may hear his songs.  He teams up with a couple of young rockers to give it some spark and they end up winning over the crowd night after night.  There are many plot twists and portions of the movie that will take you by surprise and over all I would say it is one of my favorites of the year.  The music was excellent, the acting superb, and the story was original and intoxicating.  There were a few unanswered questions that I would like to know more about such as the music store?  The girlfriend?  The boat?  Anyway, watch the movie and you will understand.  Great flick!

FYI:  Based in Oklahoma City

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment