Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Gift


Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Surprise!
Surprise who?
Surprise, its me, the kid from high school that you tormented, tortured, degraded, and bullied.  Now I am here to return the favor and make your life a living hell.  But, don't worry, I will be very subtle about it.  As a matter of fact half the time you wont even know.  This was a pretty good movie, with a great nail biting twist and some dark secrets that pop up when your not expecting them.  Jason Bateman plays a really good asshole, but I found myself disappointed because I like him so much as the witty, fun guy.  Edgerton is creepy as you can imagine being the scorned outcast from the past.  The story line isn't new, it kind of reminds me of the old obsession type movies like Fatal Attraction, and The Crush.  This one had some great unexpected scenes that really helped the story and kept you on your toes.  Even the end gives you a chill without revealing too much.  There were a few parts that you find yourself saying, "just do this", or "just do that", but don't they all.  It was a little slow in some parts but overall I really liked it.  Give this one a shot and start calling the kids you tortured in high school.  Man I'm sure glad I called that guy!

FYI:  Edgerton wrote, directed and starred in this film.  He filmed his own scenes in 7 days.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment