Friday, April 20, 2018

Eden


Stop me if you have heard this scenario in a movie before, Plane crashed on a deserted island only to divide the survivors in a psychological drama exploring the depths of how animalistic man can be!  Oh, you have?  100 times before?  Well than whats one more!  Here we have it, a recommended film to watch from Netflix that was 89% match due to the other movies I have watched and liked (filled with guilt).  This one is no exception, although tacky, unoriginal, "B" rated acting at best, and not to mention a total "Lord of the Flies" rip off, I enjoyed it.  I know, many of you may say that I enjoy every movie (which I kind of do) but when it comes down to it this was more of a guilty pleasure.  Here is my breakdown of the Good, Bad and Ugly of "Eden".  The Good:  Premise of an athletic team crash landing was enticing and a pretty cool start, plus the chicks were hot.  The Bad:  After like 3 days they were going crazy, like certifiably insane.  All they had to do was dub in a screen text of day 37 or something like that.  The Ugly:  Acting was pretty wooden, the crucial thinking was numb, and the main dudes miraculously became ultimate warriors.  Oh, did I mention this was a soccer team?!  Ok, for a late night "non thinker" but nothing more than that.  Have fun!

FYI:  You can see the actors look at the camera a few times during this film.

**1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment