Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Ouija: Origin of Evil


Ever wonder if Ouija Boards actually work?  Well they don't.  Want to know how I know that?  Because every time I have ever played one the curser doesn't move, unless I am the one moving it!  Well here is a movie that I didn't expect to be good but it actually wasn't half bad.  The story and premise of course is old news and you can basically predict the outcome but it was very enjoyable.  Based in the 60s, the story revolves around a family who recently lost their husband/father.  The mom played by Elizabeth Reaser (who I cant stand) is a fake medium who is convinced she is helping people by reading their palms and connecting with their dead loved ones.  She decides to add a Ouija Board to the act and then the shit hits the fan.  The youngest daughter becomes possessed and wreaks havoc over the family.  Some cool jump scares and creepy little girl helps to bring the worn out story to life.  I watched it for free so any outcome would have been fine, but I wouldn't suggest paying to see this unless you are a teenager.  Now burn that damn gateway to hell already!

FYI:  Most of the creepiest scenes were cut from the final product.  WTH?

***

No comments:

Post a Comment