Monday, April 3, 2017

Within


Have you ever been laying in bed at night and heard the creaking sounds coming from your attic or walls?  I know you have, we all have.  Well guess what?  Its not just the pipes or the house settling or the wind.  It is something much more sinister, but don't worry, you have do anything about it anyway so prepare for total damnation!  I found this flick the other day on HBO, and really wanted it to be a hidden gem.  I think I was tired and wanted it to be good a little more than it actually was, but I still enjoyed its low quality and "B" rated feel.  First off I will say its a total rip off.  There are a number of movies like it, (Crawlspace, The Boy, Hider in the House) we have all seen them before and nothing really new here.  The director tries to make you feel like there are a number of suspects including the creepy Scoopy Doo type neighbor, ghosts, or even the schizophrenic route.  The first half was pretty good and kept you on your toes a little, then it just gets a bit cheesy.  I found myself constantly yelling at the idiots in the house making the worst decisions I have ever seen.  There were some positives, such as a super hot step mom, and an even hotter daughter but unfortunately no gratuitous nudity.  Not a bad flick, it is exactly what you expect and the end, although a bit of a surprise still pretty bland.

FYI:  One of the extras in this movie (next door squatter) died shortly after the films release.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment