Friday, February 24, 2017

Passengers



Ahhh, the future!  Where nothing can go wrong, and apparently engineers have the ability to configure and fix a busted up technological monster of a spaceship!  Sounds good to me, but wait, I am only an insurance agent.  Amidst the horrible reviews of this film, I must say I don't agree in the slightest!  This movie was outstanding!  Sure it took from the lonely, secluded, last person alive playbook such as Castaway or I am Legend but did so with the witty charm or Chris Pratt.  Basically the setting of this story is on a passenger ship traveling over 100 light years away to a new planet for select earthlings.  Unfortunately something goes wrong and one of the sleeping chambers opens 90 years early.  From there you can guess what type of psychosis destruction happens with a single passenger alone on the ship sure to be alone until his death.  There were many references in this film such as the robot bartender who was awesome, with a direct feel for "The Shining".  Jennifer Lawrence is actually really hot in this film and I usually don't like her too much.  There is tension, action, romance, and a great story.  I highly recommend.

FYI:  Andy Garcia is in the movie for approx 15 seconds with no speaking lines.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment